Thursday 22 November 2007

Stop Motion - example now uploaded!

After battling with youtube last night and losing the fight I decided to have a go at using Vimeo and it worked a treat. So, for your viewing pleasure, here's my attempt and stop motion animation:


Stop Motion Rose from Jennifer Cady on Vimeo.


What do you think? There are a few things I would change if I did it again:

  • Take a lot more photos. I only took one in the morning and one in the evening, but I think I needed a lot more images to make the animation smoother. To do this I'd need to shoot throughout the day.
  • Try a different arrangement for the flower. I like the position of it on screen when it's in bloom, but I don't like the fact you can see the glass in the other shots.
  • Start the shooting earlier. I think I perhaps had a little too much water which is why the rose took so long to die. Here's a picture of the rest of the bunch after a fortnight. I was hoping to shoot the dead petals falling away from the bud like the inspiration video here. However, it took just too long (3.5 weeks!) and I really needed to get the trailer finished!
  • Be a bit more careful to not move the camera! It didn't help when the battery ran out and I have to charge it up... the entrance to the battery being on the bottom of the camera I had no choice but to move it though! There were a few shots that I had to bin because of positioning.
  • Possibly choose a brighter flower.
I'm pleased with the clip though, even if it is short and sweet! The music is a piece by Stephen Lewis Gilmore, who will be playing live throughout the performance of Dona Rosita. I've kept the same track on this clip as it's also being used on the full trailer.

Oh, and by the way, Heroes was ace :o)

No comments: