Friday 30 November 2007

Last Day of Nation Blog Posting Month!

Well, today is the last day of NaBloPoMo and so I wanted to share my thoughts on the experience.

It's actually been pretty easy to write an entry everyday during November (even at weekends!) as we've always got something going on here. I think it would have been much harder to think of interesting entries had I taken part on my personal blog, but I'm really pleased that NaBloPoMo encouraged me to start this project for the theatre.

Stacked Actors is a behind the scenes look at the Bradon Forest Theatre. It already has a lot of interesting content after only 30 days. As I state in the 'personal profile' on the left hand side; the purpose of this blog is 3 fold:

  • 1. To promote the theatre and what we get up to here by way of instilling enthusiasm about our projects into my posts.
  • 2. To offer an insight into the job of an arts and theatre manager, and also include 'backstage' glances into other artistic careers.
  • 3. To promote other arts events in and around Swindon to better expand local cultural knowledge and participation of them.
I am already achieving my objectives and I hope that features such as Backstage will continue to develop and expand. Who knows what feature will be next? I am also pleased with the way I can discuss learning processes of new projects and hope that this will encourage you to get in touch and share your work!

My next project is to target local organisations and to encourage participation in the world of blogging. I want to hear about what's going on in my county! That's something that's still in the pipeline, but no doubt, I will be blogging about it soon!

Get in touch and let me know what you think. Have you any suggestions for the site, me, or Swindon and Wiltshire? Post your comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is ace Jenny. As you say it works on lots of different levels -educationally and fun.

I hope you can keep it going.