Saturday 24 November 2007

Animate this

There are a few things I wanted to post about for your viewing pleasure on this frosty Saturday morning. Firstly I have to mention, if you can, you should go and buy Guitar Hero III. Ours arrived yesterday and it ROCKS! I'm taking a quick break from being 'on stage' to write this. I've also just got 94% on my first attempt at Tenacious D's 'The Metal'... will I ever post the video of that?!


Secondly, I've been thinking about this, and I'd quite like to do an animation course at the Vancouver Film School. It would be great... and I'd be able to bike and ski as much as I wanted! Perhaps it's an idea to keep in reserve, but in the mean time, as I mentioned yesterday, I've been getting a lot of inspiration from their examples on youtube, especially this animation:





I'm going to have a look into this, as I really enjoyed working on the stop motion animation, perhaps there's an animation course I can do a little closer to home! This also links quite nicely to the news that I have just bought Nizlopi's Extraordinary and it is AWESOME!  Go and buy that too... or put it on your Christmas wish list! Nizlopi create some truly beautiful music and I could just eat a bowl full of Luke's amazing voice. I was going to post a video from their new mini-album, but I thought that the classic JCB song works better seeing as I'm talking about animation. Perhaps I'll try something like this for the Summer Arts Festival trailer.... 

No comments: