Wednesday 14 January 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it seems I've been a bit slack compared to our friends over in Germany! We have actually been back a week now, but it takes a while to catch up on things and get back in to the swing of it. So, rather later than it should be, here's a note to point out the galleries from C18th Farce Week; School for Scandal and The Venetian Twins.

The next project we are developing is Abducting Diana by Dario Fo. This will be performed by GCSE students as part of their final assessment, but we will also have two public performances on Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th February. As usual, the show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are £4 for adults and £3 for students. Give me a shout if you want one reserved.

Millionare media boss, Diana Forbes-McKaye, is kidnapped - but this ruthless magnate proves more resourceful than her clumsy abductors. Are things what they seem? Who is in charge? Who masterminded the abduction? Who has the television rights to this premier media event? In this cocktail of chaotic double-dealing, Fo adds a gun-toting priest, a deranged altar boy, a kidnapper hiding in the fridge, pyromania and an explosive climax.
I'll get the publicity up asap, but I'm just waiting for a photo op with the leading lady. Talking of which, I also have a shoot planned with Plastic Fiction, a resident BF band. They, along with the music department, are planning a Bradon CD and I said I'd help out with some of the publicity. I'm hoping that they will go for my suggestion of a Ghostbusters theme to the series... inspired by the New York Library scene.... books.... fiction... get it? Maybe not.

No comments: